The Food Skills for Families program has demonstrated positive results for individuals and their families in communities across BC.
Seven evaluations have been completed to date. You can download the complete Food Skills for Families evaluation reports below (please note files may take a few seconds to open):
Evaluation results show that participants:
- Are eating more fruits and vegetables everyday as a result of taking this program.
- Have a significantly higher level of knowledge about what foods are healthy.
- Are cooking more meals from ‘scratch,’ e.g., not using convenience or packaged meals and including raw or fresh ingredients.
- Have a significantly higher level of confidence about preparing and cooking healthy foods, trying new foods, applying food safety procedures and understanding nutrition facts on food labels.
- Using less salt, sugar and fat.